Operations Support Technician - Manitoba
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operations Support Technician are to:
Provide mobile operations support to NAFTO field research programs across Manitoba This position is a 8 month term contract;
- Based in Manitoba, providing remote support to corn, soybean and canola testing programs
- Would be required to work from a home office
- Assist Agronomic Research Specialists with key seasonal activities such as planting, plot maintenance, data collection and harvest
- Travel to various NAFTO site locations to provide assistance on an as-needed basis
- Operate and maintain field research equipment as per program and HSE requirements
- Transport equipment between field locations
- Interact with full-time and summer staff to establish key working relationships
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- BSc preferred.
- Agricultural Field Research Experience (1-2 years) recommended
- Experience with operation and maintenance of farm/research equipment required
- Self-starter and ability to network with multiple programs
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, strong agility and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as-needed
- Valid Class 5 Canadian Driver’s License is required. A Class 1 License is preferred.
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.