Medical Science Liaison (MSL), TRK Fusion Cancer (Vancouver / Calgary / Edmonton)
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL), TRK Fusion Cancer (Vancouver / Calgary / Edmonton), are to:
- Exchange and dissemination of scientific,
educational, and research related information:
- The MSL plans, prepares and engages with TLs as an information scientist both proactively and reactively. MSLs provide dissemination, clarification and education of scientific/ clinical data, study protocols, meeting abstracts, and professional literature.
- Interactions with Medical Societies and
Advisory Boards/ Consultant Meetings:
- The MSL answers medical / scientific queries of Medical Societies related to Bayer products and organizes / supports / participates in advisory boards and consultant meetings.
- Participation at / networking in Congresses
- The MSL attends congresses and conventions, interacts with TLs, establishes new contacts and gathers new insights.
- Coordination of Scientific Education
- The MSL plans and organizes scientific training and education events / sessions with TLs within their specific therapeutic area or product expertise.
- Collection of unsolicited Investigator
Initiated Research (IIR) ideas and facilitating IIR
- The MSL acts as a point-of-contact for investigators, facilitating the interface with investigators and appropriate Bayer personnel responsible for approval, and communication of study progress and completion.
- Preparing reports and timely tracking of field interactions and events according to medical activity plan.
- Staying up-to-date on current literature related to the therapeutic area, and relevant training.
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
Who you are
- PhD, Pharm.D, or MSc with relevant industry experience.
- Scientific / medical expertise; detailed knowledge of oncology is a strong asset.
- Experience with cancer biomarkers in the clinical setting, and/or a technical proficiency in molecular diagnostics. This experience can be gained through graduate work and/or industry experience.
- Able to develop peer-to-peer relationships with top ranking healthcare professionals.
- Strong critical appraisal skills of clinical trial design and results.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong ability to assess and summarize scientific and other technical information in a clear, concise manner and target to specific audience.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and influence appropriate plans and actions.
- Business acumen and understanding of business strategy.
- At least 4 years industry, research or clinical experience.
- Overnight travel 40-50%.
- Residing location can be in Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton.
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.
Location: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton
Functional Area: [sap_fa_30]
Entry Level: 5