Manager, Specialty Pharmacy Programs
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Manager, Specialty Pharmacy Programs, are to:
Strategic manager who works & reports directly to Vice President, Specialty Medicine. Individual will be responsible for oversight on managing specialty medicine trade / product distribution with an emphasis on Eylea Pharmacy Programs. Additional responsibility on the marketing of Specialty Medicine Established Products Portfolio
- Specialty Trade/Product Distribution – Build & maintain relationships between Bayer & wholesalers/pharmacy for Specialty Medicine Portfolio. Detail knowledge of demand forecasts, retinal injector clinic volumes and channel inventories. Design, implement and monitor pharmacy programs via specialty distribution channels. Manage programs implemented by external pharmacy vendors. Focus on pharmacy interface with clinics, efficiencies, reporting/forecasting/inventory and contracts/programs.
- Strategic Planning – Work with Specialty Business Unit Heads to develop yearly strategic plan outlining initiatives and tactics. Plan out pharmacy based strategies to further support the department and plan future development for pipeline products. Keep up to date with related technology, innovative vendors/programs etc. – make recommendations.
- Established Products/Non-Promoted Brands – Market Manager responsibilities for non-promoted brands. Products include – Betaseron, Sativex, Nexavar, Stivarga, Androcur, Bonefos and Nimotop. Individual will be responsible for managing all related forecasting, and issue management. Manage products to blunt market share decline and increase share where possible. Deal with key clinics/physicians in various therapeutic areas to foster relationships. Maximize use of resources (budget allocation) to ensure messaging is communicated effectively.
- Insights/Analytics – Lead strategy behind pharmacy and channel analytics. Work directly with Patient Access and Commercial Operations.
- Brand team involvement – Be a part of cross-functional brand teams and be involved in yearly brand planning. Cross functional point of contact for Specialty Pharmacy related programs.
- Changing healthcare landscape – Be aware/informed around healthcare landscape changes (bills, federal/provincial policies etc.). Lead initiatives that assist with maximizing efficiency and increasing access to patients. Work closely and collaboratively with market access to leverage this information to strategically plan and manage negative effects on brands, patient access, PSP’s and the business as a whole.
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
Who you are
- Bachelor of Commerce – formal business educational background. Strong business acumen.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry – patient access, sales/marketing.
- Ability to foster innovation within established product unit/non-promoted brands – bring new ideas forward to maximize market share where possible.
- Understanding of various clinic flow – how hospital/private practices function.
- Ability to understand the business side of pharmacies, wholesalers – trade relations.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry environment – sales/marketing processes.
- Understanding of Canadian healthcare environment (public/private) – reimbursement
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.