Field Solutions Agronomic Representative Winnipeg
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Solutions Representative, are to:
- To develop innovative, effective and sustainable crop production solutions enabled by high quality scientific field research.
- To manage assigned Field Solutions research activities and associated operations and activities. Includes coordination and execution of objectives across multiple projects. Involves collaboration with multiple stake holders including internal colleagues and/or external cooperators to deliver upon project objectives that deliver new innovation for the Crop Science business.
- Reports directly to the Field Solutions Manager.
- Direct supervision is provided by the incumbent for up to 4 employees (contract < 12 month including summer staff).
- The Field Solutions Rep works as an ad-hoc member of multi-disciplinary project teams to provide technical advice and contribute to problem solving.
- The Field Solutions Rep works directly in a collaborative relationship with a wide range of both internal and external experts including industry, government and private researchers in a technical environment.
- Interacts with University and government members to cultivate relationships.
Key activities include:
- Conduct biological field research trials required to evaluate innovative crop protection product concepts and deliver results to multidisciplinary project teams.
- Coordinate & implement field based biological research program activities with internal colleagues and external cooperators to meet project/program activities within an assigned area of champion responsibilities.
- Develop and deliver technical data summaries to internal business colleagues. Analyze data and author technical reports / value dossiers to facilitate registration of new BCS products according to project timelines and parameters.
- Liaise with technical experts (local, regional and global) in the planning, implementation and summary of technical research results.
- Provide effective supervision, direction and leadership to temporary contract (seasonal/summer) staff for daily operations. Responsible for recruitment, development and performance management of summer associates.
- Operate (including calibration & maintenance) of technical research equipment, field equipment and vehicles used in the conduct of biological field research experiments.
- Gather and report on competitor activities within area of champion responsibilities and expertise.
- Negotiate and execute lease agreements with land owners for access to research sites.
- Provide expert advices on legal or marketing teams as per project or product expertise.
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- Minimum B.Sc. with 5 - 7 years relevant experience, a graduate degree (M.Sc.) in a life sciences area is preferred.
- Field and/or lab research experience necessary. Summer student experience a strong asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written & verbal English communication skills.
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License. A class 1 License is preferred.
- Eligible and/or working towards CCSC or equivalent designation.
- New hires must be eligible for P.Ag. accreditation.
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and teamwork skills are essential.
- Computer operation skills including proficiency in use of MS Office Suite. A detailed working knowledge of Agricultural Research Manager (ARM) software is beneficial.
- Field research equipment operation skills are required to conduct and supervise field based research trials.
- Proficiency in standard office and field research computer software.
- Familiarity with biology of regionally applicable crops and crop pests. Demonstrates working knowledge of Bayer CropScience products and competitor products.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis to meetings within Canada and on occasion to the USA.
- Ability to wear and use personal protective equipment used in the application of crop protection products (including respirators).
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.