Crop & Campaign Manager, Horticulture
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Campaign Marketing Manager, Horticulture, are to:
Reporting to the Grower and Channel Marketing Manager within the Canadian Customer Marketing Department, the Crop and Campaign Marketing Manager will ensure availability and implementation of effective marketing campaigns for the whole portfolio of horticulture focused products (CP and others as relevant) at the country level. Build and implement an annual in-market integrated crop and campaign plan, which puts customers at centre and ensures profitable business development for the Bayer horticulture crop portfolio.
- Orchestrate the comprehensive horticulture product marketing campaign planning process, incorporating feedback from cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Sales, Grower/Channel Marketing, Regional Product Marketing, Customer Insights and Marketing Services, etc.).
- Prioritize the diverse (over 25 brands in Crop Protection and Biologicals) marketing requirements in an efficient and effective manner. Ensure customer focus while achieving business objectives that are aligned with Regional Product Strategy and consistent with other in-market products from portfolios that share brands with Horticulture.
- Implement and monitor customer incentive/loyalty programs and campaigns directly with the channel and growers and in collaboration with the Sales, Marketing Communications and CIMS team.
- Develop and execute new customer interaction concepts (e.g. customized agronomic solutions, Climate FieldView, financial concepts, loyalty programs, etc.) to gain a competitive advantage
- Collaborate with Sales, Research and Development and CIMS teams to execute integration of customer input and customer segmentation strategies into marketing plans to maximize opportunities for customer acquisition, retention, cross-sell and up-sell
- Drive the execution of crop marketing programs and tactics (e.g. customized agronomic solutions, financial concepts, loyalty programs such as Hot Potatoes etc.) to ensure that they meet or exceed customer needs and can be measured and evaluated for effectiveness.
- Partnered leadership for customer events, product and agronomy training and key product launches for horticulture CP (Marketing Campaigns).
- Align with other Crop and Campaign Marketing Managers (esp others with same Active Ingredients in broad acre crops) to ensure a consistent, high value brand experience is received in market, and to capitalize on the overall customer-centric vision we strive for.
- Collaborate, coach, train and lead salesforce to implement marketing plans and achieve portfolio share and sales results.
- Co-ordinate and work closely with Brand & Advertising Managers (especially Horticulture B&A Manager) in design and communication of marketing materials and deploy plans that enable field sales and key accounts to generate business opportunities and support customer needs.
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- B.A./B.S/B.Comm. Business or Agriculture related discipline.
- Advanced related degree would be an asset.
- Minimum10 years business experience preferred in Ag Seeds & Crop Protection.
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.