Associate Brand Manager
• Support the Senior Brand Manager by leading the
development and execution of marketing plans that will enable the
brand to meet its share targets, sales / volume targets, and
overall business objectives;
• Analyze the business and competitive environment on a continual basis, using strong data and sound judgment to make recommendations to the brand team for ways to better meet short and long-term business goals;
• Lead cross-functional teams needed to achieve key brand initiatives. This will involve defining the objectives for the initiatives and managing the team, timelines and resources needed;
• Manage all stages of a product / brand lifecycle
• Assist in the development of market research projects by identifying information gaps and working with the Sr. Brand Manager, Insights Manager and Category Manager to recommend and execute plans to fill the information voids;
• Work with Sales and Category teams to set strategy and determine objectives for consumer promotions and in-store activations. Manage consumer promotion team to achieve on-time production and execution of key tactics;
• Partner with sales strategy and determine appropriate objectives and initiatives to best achieve brand imperatives in the retail environment;
• Gain a strong understanding of the medical, regulatory, legal and manufacturing environments for the brand as they relate to key brand initiatives. Build relationships with key contacts in each of these areas;
• Assist in the management and development of the brand's P&L, providing input on recommendations for financial planning to achieve financial objectives;
• Assist Senior Brand Manager with advertising development process, including development of creative briefs and advertising strategy through production;
• Assist Senior Brand Manager and works with media agency to understand competitive media environment and strategy. Assists in developing annual media strategy and plans.
• Supports the strategic brand plans that deliver on annual and longer term financial objectives, and also protect brand equity and enhance brand health.
• Learns and fully utilizes Bayer’s Marketing Excellence (MEx) Platform for brand development and marketing planning
Key Skills and Desired Personal Characteristics:
• 3-5 years of experience in marketing; MBA and OTC/Nutritionals category experience preferred
• Leadership - ability to motivate individuals/team in pursuit of common objective
• Interpersonal communication and collaboration - ability to understand, interact and work with variety of functional representatives, and to elicit superior performance from them
• Strategic and critical thinking - ability to assess or analyze a situation and derive optimal path for action
• Consumer focus – ability to develop and execute winning consumer and customer solutions
• Self-management and self-motivation – personal awareness, drive and commitment to objectives
• Strategic management, planning and execution - ability to exhibit strategic-level thinking, looking at the “bigger picture”
• Business and Financial acumen
• Sets example for Bayer’s LIFE Values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, Efficiency
WHAT BAYER OFFERS
At Bayer we take care of you and offer you a wide range of excellent career prospects around the world, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. There will be plenty of possibilities for you to grow and develop yourself. Additionally, you get to work with enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues from around the world. We strive to hire the best, most talented people from around the world, and work to keep our employees as long as possible. Bring your enthusiasm and talent to a leading organization that has been awarded as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2018!
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process who need accommodation because of a disability or medical need, are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.